Pdf form filler app

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mitchellman82
User

Pdf form filler app

Post by mitchellman82 »

hey peeps! I've been looking extensively for an app for simply filling and submitting forms created with xchange editor. Loads of full featured packages out there but want something simple that can take a pre-made form, fill in the fields and signatures and email or save the filled pdf whilst keeping the original file untouched. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Luke. :D :D
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Pdf form filler app

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, mitchellman82

Assuming that the document has appropriately named fields (which any of those "full featured packages" will likely also require, than you can make use of our new "Populate forms" feature on the Form tab to accomplish this:
PDFXEdit_vYTRbuH6ls.png
This function will generate a copy (or multiple if you have other data sets in your CSV file) of the original PDF form that has been filled in. And the best part of this tool is that even if the document does not have perfectly matching fields to what you have specified, you are able to manually dictate which fields should use which values:
PDFXEdit_9pn9g8qcMV.png
I hope this tool helps!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
mitchellman82
User

Post by mitchellman82 »

Hi Daniel,
That certainly looks useful for what I'm trying to achieve thank you.
The main aim is for people to have a mobile app that can fill the fields in and send a copy to either an email or into a specific cloud folder.
There appears to be lots of full featured programs that can do this as a small part of their function but they all cost anywhere from 15-30$/€/£ per month for each user which just isn't cost effective for my business as it currently stands.
Was hoping someone knew of a basic app that didn't have its own cloud management that could do this.
I hope this makes sense!
Again thank you for your reply though, deffo sends me in the right direction i think👍👍
Ta
Luke
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Pdf form filler app

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com
iltolesjr
User

Post by iltolesjr »

I've been looking for the same exact thing as Mitchell. I've been trying to learn how to use Autofill by Tohodo but its not working. Been also looking into learning how to write a JSON script but then i started looking up Javascript then Powershell then got sidetracked. Hopefully this is what we've been looking for.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, iltolesjr

I certainly hope that this helps. If you have any questions about how to use the feature, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com