Arrange / Organize XY position  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lindermman
User

Arrange / Organize XY position

Post by lindermman »

Sorry if there is already a ticket open with this subject. I searched and did not find.
I would like to request a correction in the "Arrange / Organize" tool.
The problem is that it does not show the correct position of the objects on the page. See the image below. The value of the X, Y positions in the "Transform" field are different from the value of the X, Y positions in the footer of the page.

Anotação 2020-06-29 090918.png

If possible, it would be good to make them the same so that it is easier to organize the objects on the pages.
Remember that there is also the option to measure the page from top to bottom or from bottom to top. Perhaps the error / problem is there.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Arrange / Organize XY position

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, lindermman

The measurement you have highlighted in the bottom left of the screens is the "mouse position" and is not related to the selected object in any way. The item to its left is the "page size", and is also unrelated to the selected object.
The items shown in the "transform" section of the Arrange tab are the X and Y position (left) and the Width and Height (right) of the object. As such, there is nothing incorrect occurring here.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

This would be my suggestion. I understand that the measurement highlighted in the lower left corner of the screens is the "mouse position", but it would help a lot to define what is the desired position of the object that I want to insert on the page if this measurement was connected with the direction of the Y Axis. bottom to top, the measurements are the same. However, there are other tools that work best with the Y axis from top to bottom.
What I asked for was simply to connect this tool with the direction of the Y axis.

A proof of the problem: Notice in the image (see the rulers) that the mouse is right in the center of the first paragraph. The direction of the Y axis is configured from top to bottom. Therefore, the mouse position is shown in the lower left corner of the screen: 15.2. But look at the value that the tool shows for this same position: 282.1 !!!!

There is a disconnection of the direction of the Y axis with the tool! It only matches if the axis direction is from bottom to top.

So, therefore, if possible, I ask you to link this data! OK?! Understood?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Arrange / Organize XY position  SOLVED

Hi, lindermman

The "mouse position" is related to your measurement rulers on the side of the page, and may not perfectly correspond to the "arrange" function as its position is based on the document "media box" which can be completely arbitrary across the page, or even rotated if the pages not oriented normally at 0 degrees (potentially making X the vertical and Y the horizontal measurement).

I can ask the Dev team if we can consider a change in this handling, but it is unlikely to be possible because of this. A better option would be for you to right click on your Y axis ruler (the one on the left) and invert it by enabling "bottom up y axis". Note that as mentioned before, content is based on the Media box, which could mean that 0,0 is right in the middle of the page for some documents making any attempt at association between these items less accurate.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
lindermman
User

Post by lindermman »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:35 pm Hi, lindermman

The "mouse position" is related to your measurement rulers on the side of the page, and may not perfectly correspond to the "arrange" function as its position is based on the document "media box" which can be completely arbitrary across the page, or even rotated if the pages not oriented normally at 0 degrees (potentially making X the vertical and Y the horizontal measurement).

I can ask the Dev team if we can consider a change in this handling, but it is unlikely to be possible because of this.
I understand and thank you very much if you can do this for me.
TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:35 pm A better option would be for you to right click on your Y axis ruler (the one on the left) and invert it by enabling "bottom up y axis". Note that as mentioned before, content is based on the Media box, which could mean that 0,0 is right in the middle of the page for some documents making any attempt at association between these items less accurate.

Kind regards,
I've already changed the orientation of the Y axis and I keep using it like this, for now.
But I'm sure you can do it!

May the force be with you.

Thanks! ;)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Arrange / Organize XY position

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com