Settngs File

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SentryOnDuty
User

Settngs File

Post by SentryOnDuty »

I recently had to reinstall Exchange editor on my work PC. I have spent the last 3 years getting my tool bars just the way I like them. Because of the reinstall they are all set to default.

Is there any way that my settings were recorded?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Settngs File

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, SentryOnDuty

Your settings should have been stored in our Registry entries, and should not have been removed with a normal uninstallation. With that said, If your settings are no longer in place, it would mean that they have been lost and cannot be restored that way. The only way to recover your settings now will be if you had exported them in the past, via File > manage settings > export settings. In that situation, you could import that settings file to restore the customizations you had made in the past.

I would recommend that you begin customizing your UI once again, and this time export your settings right away so that you can restore them n the future should it ever be necessary.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com