PDF Coordinates in pixels

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DSSMatus
User

PDF Coordinates in pixels

Post by DSSMatus »

Please, I am new user of this tool we started to use at work, and I need to prepare in upcoming weeks a lot of (500+) various PDFs with multiple (up to 80) fields per document, which will be used in one of our additional systems for data input. Problem is, during matching of fields and putting signature fields, this system is using only coordinates in pixels.

PDF Xchange, as to my knowledge is using 5 different units of measurement of coordinates, but no pixels. I dont want to use some other additional system, because of data protection (would need an IT assessment for that) as this is concerning really very sensitive documents.

Is there any possibility, how to find in PDF Xchange tool coordinates in pixels? Or can you suggest any work around for this? Efficient time of handling per file of course matters, as I have a deadline.

Currently I need to jump from our system to PDF Xchange over and over, with amending of pdf file and trying it out in that system (which takes a lot of time because it is part of a process template, which needs to be amended) multiple times for one document.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF Coordinates in pixels

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, DSSMatus

One of our available options (Point) would be the best solution here. "Pixels" is not a valid option for PDF, a pixel based measurement would be entirely device dependant. If "pixels" existed as an option and you moved the application between two monitors with different resolutions, or even just changed the zoom level, countless errors would occur to say the least.

Point measurement, mentioned above, is consistently based on the document size, a single point is equivalent to 1/72 of an inch, so as an example, an "8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper would consistently be "612 x 792" points. This should be usable for your needs.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com