Editor saves as a '.2020' file extension

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MJN
User

Post by MJN »

Hey,

A colleague of mine has run to an issue while saving a document. If he use the date as part of the filename (in our part of the world the year is last!), the Editor reads it as a '.2020 file'.

Eg. 'Completed drawings 08.06'.2020.

If the document is saved one more time, it returns the .pdf -fileextension, so to continue the example, it would now read as
'Completed drawings 08.06.2020'.pdf

No one else can access the drawings when saved as a '.2020' -file and no one else can replicate the issue...

I've attached a dump of the file explorer showing both the versions of a file with said problem:
MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Editor saves as a '.2020' file extension

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MJN,

I believe this was an issue with an older build - please try updating to build 339, and if the problem still persists, please check if there is an
Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.2020 entry in the registry on the affected machine and try to remove it.

Kind regards,
Stefan
MJN
User

Re: Editor saves as a '.2020' file extension

Post by MJN »

Oh, forgot to report back :roll:

We had internal IT take a looksee and it was indeed something to do with the registry -so problem solved!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)