Links (and other objects) for all pages...

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Links (and other objects) for all pages...

Post by Puffolino »

I fear this can't be done, but who knows...
...I'd like to have some tabs (in fact images or just colored rectangles) on the border of each page of a document and links which allow to jump to certain chapters of the book quickly...
...okay navigation can be done with bookmarks as well, but for my case this would be helpful when using some documents on my tablet.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Links (and other objects) for all pages...

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Puffolino

This could be done by simply creating a series of link objects on the first page, and configuring them to go to specified pages manually, then use the "Selection > duplicate" tool on the Home tab to place copies of each link in the same place on every page.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Thanks, learned something new again...

...was done easily, only had to transform the objects for certain pages with different sizes (BTW it would be fine if "Transform" also works for links - but also the "Transform" dialog should be improved: shortcuts at least for all on/off options, correct tab order of the dialog elements, the on/off options (delta/lock) should be memorized like the anchor position, eventually some presets would be fine, one cool thing would be to have a possibility to create a duplicate of the transformed result,...)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Puffolino,

Glad to hear you've managed to get your task done!

The "Duplicate" is in the same "Selection" menu in the UI as Transform.
As for shortcuts and the other recommendations - I will pass them to our UI developers for consideration!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Hello Stefan,
thanks for the Duplicate hint, could be useful in certain situations. Otherwise, transforming allows so many more things :roll: For instance, it would be easy to create somthing like a watch face of a clock by rotating a line by 30° eleven times (but generating a copy of the object each time)...