customised shortcuts will not save after closing program

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

snoopy
User

customised shortcuts will not save after closing program

Post by snoopy »

Hello, I have searched heavily for this solution online and within the forum, but I can't find any mention of this.
After I have chosen customised shortcuts for PDF-XChange Editor and there are not previous shortcuts for these tools (such as highlight text or select text) it only works until I close the program. When I re open it they have disappeared and I have to enter them again. On all the manuals and instructions on making customised shortcuts there is no mention of saving them other than clicking OK.
I see an option to save as CVS but when I try to save it in the tracker-software folders there are no other cvs files so I figured that was not the right way to go.

Thank you for any advice, Snoopy.
snoopy
User

Re: customised shortcuts will not save after closing program

Post by snoopy »

Thanks - as I say I have followed the instructions as you've linked - they don't say anything about saving the settings , and when I close the program the shortcuts I've entered have stopped working and are no longer on the customised shortcut settings.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: customised shortcuts will not save after closing program

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, snoopy

Changes that are made to these functions as detailed in Levs first link are saved in the system registry automatically upon closing. If you do not have permissions to make these changes, or happen to have any third party cleaning software that would prevent or undo registry changes, it could cause what you are describing. Please verify that you have admninistrative permisions and that you do not have any of these applications running in the background. If you do, please whitelist the following keys so they are not altered or prevented from changing:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software

The "default style" mentioned in Lev's second link should be automatically enabled when you select the tool again in the future, I you manually select a different style for the same tool, then of course it will not use the defaults that were set there.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com