move all bookmarks down two pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dexterdykrataigos
User

move all bookmarks down two pages

Post by dexterdykrataigos »

So i made a PDF file and started making bookmarks for all different chapters and sub-chapters. I discovered that I had missed two pages in the middle. I don't have the paid version, so I couldn't add them after the fact. I exported all the bookmarks and added the two pages in the source and converted back to PDF. I then imported the bookmarks again, but now all the bookmarks below those two pages are two pages too high. I know I can move the markers one by one, but is there any way to move them down all at once?

Thanks for any help.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: move all bookmarks down two pages

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello, dexterdykrataigos,

There is no direct way to do this, but there are other options that might have been helpful in this situation.

Unfortunately, none of them can be done with the free version, because a DEMO stamp will be added to the resulted file.

One of the ideas is:

"....
remove the first two pages, convert all bookmarks to named dest, then add back the first two pages - this will effectively 'move' the bookmarks two pages down....

..."

Regards.
Dromandon
User

Post by Dromandon »

dexterdykrataigos wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 pm I know I can move the markers one by one, but is there any way to move them down all at once?

Thanks for any help.
Copy your file. In that file add two blank pages where the missing bookmarks should be. You'll see a warning, that now you work in demo, don't warry about it. Copy bookmarks to original file - they shoud move down for 2 pages. Save the original file)
dexterdykrataigos
User

Post by dexterdykrataigos »

Hey thanks. That works (・∀・)
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the tips Dromandon :-)