Open bookmark with a (HTML)Link  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

LastWill
User

Open bookmark with a (HTML)Link

Post by LastWill »

Hello,
is there a way I can create a “bookmark-link” (e.g. for MS Word) that opens PDF-XChange Editor and makes it go to a specific bookmark?

I tried to export my bookmarks to HTML and pasted the links into MS Word but when I open a link it only opens PDF-XChange Editor but doesn’t go to the bookmark. And if I click on a link while PDF-XChange Editor runs in the background it just switches the window to it but again doesn’t go to the bookmark.

The PDF-files I try to link to are stored locally if that makes a difference.
Also I have tried “normal” bookmarks and destinations but no difference there.

I know this is a minor issue since I can search for the bookmark after PDF-XChange Editor opens but I would appreciate if it were possible with just one click :wink:
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Open bookmark with a (HTML)Link  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, LastWill

This can be done with "named destinations" but not bookmarks. you can convert bookmarks into named destination from the bookmarks tab in our Editor. Once that is done, If the PDF file is stored on a web server Named Destinations can be used in an HTML URL to point to a specified destination by adding #[destination name] to the end of the links URL.
EG: http://www.example.com/sample.pdf#index

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com