Links...

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Links...

Post by Puffolino »

...are not that easy to handle, got to quadrilateral forms by accident but could not modify the link area anyway because it needed to switch to edit mode as well :roll:
But how to rename a title of a link, it can be seen in the "Link panel", but when moving the boxes they are changed to "<None>" and I don't find "Title" in the properties.

BTW when changing the link box position, the link panel is updated very inaccurate - the "Action" column shows duplicate entries then.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Links...

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Puffolino,

Once you transform a link rectangle to a quadrilateral - you can then just grab the small dots in the corners and move them around with the mouse. While the "Create Link" tool is active - you should be able to do that:
link_edit.png
Accessing the "Convert to quadrilateral is easiest done by right clicking on the link itself.

As for the "Title" in the links pane - I will need to check that with our devs!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Great, the "main" problem is, that you need to know to activate the link tool. This is obvious when creating new links, but not that clear when editing a PDF which include links.

I would recommend to add an icon "Link edit mode" (or something similar) in the Link panel - at least that's the place where I tried to find a way to edit the link rectangles.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Puffolino,

Thanks! Indeed that button will probably be much cleaner if it says "Create/Edit Link", and having an option to activate the same in the links pane is also good idea! Will pass them along for consideration!

Kind regards,
Stefan