Paste a image into a sticky note annotation

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

CharlesF
User

Paste a image into a sticky note annotation

Post by CharlesF »

I had a long time wanting to ask you the following: if it is technically possible to paste a image into a sticky note annotation (it would be fascinating)

Could you accept it as a suggestion for improvement for the future of new versions?

Thank you for your attention and best regards.

CharlesF
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Paste a image into a sticky note annotation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello CharlesF,

I am afraid that the PDF specification explicitly states that the sticky note can only hold text inside, and no image content. So I am afraid that the answer is "no" on your enquiry.

If you share a mock up screenshot of what e.g. you want to achieve - we will try to see if there's an alternative way to achieve a result as close to this as possible that we can point you to.

Kind regards,
Stefan
CharlesF
User

Post by CharlesF »

Thank you very much, Stefan.

What would I like to achieve?

Suppose I am studying a text, and there is a concept that I want to clarify: I use the Sticky Note Tool to define that concept, creating that note over the word that I need to define; but the concept is a bit complex… and an image is also necessary to clarify it a little more. Well, it turns out that a few pages later (or before) that concept (with a diagram in the form of a drawing) is defined in the book: great! I use the Snapshot Tool to capture an image of that drawing or diagram, return to the page where I made the note ... and paste it inside the sticky note! (I know that it cannot be done, of course).

Is there any alternative?

I know one: make use of the Link Creation Tool. On the word or concept that we want to clarify, we create a link to the page where the drawing or diagram is. I use this procedure many times. But you can already imagine that sometimes this procedure is quite laborious, :roll: especially when it comes to centering the objective on a drawing or diagram of very specific dimensions.

Kind regards,

CharlesF
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello CharlesF,

You can paste the information that was placed in the clipboard when you used the snapshot tool - and this will paste on the target page, but as a stamp, and not as an image inside the sticky note. So if you maybe include that image/diagram as a side note on the page - that will work for your needs when a link back to the original diagram is not necessary?

Kind regards,
Stefan
CharlesF
User

Post by CharlesF »

Thanks for the suggestion, Stefan.

I have to study and explore the characteristics of all stamp tools, as they are unknown to me at the moment.

You are also referring to the possibility of including an image or diagram as a side note on the page. This is a procedure that I also have to explore.

Kind regards,
CharlesF
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Hi all,

I'd also love if it were possible to include images in text notes.

As long as this is not yet possible due to the official PDF specification, it can be done at least the opposite way round: paste an image from the clipboard as comment (stamp) and then double-click it to enter some text into it.

Best regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello David.P,

Thanks for the 'other way around' suggestion.
Indeed it is the PDF Specification that does not allow an image inside a comment annotation.

Kind regards,
Stefan