Signatures and Initials: multiple pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

underworlddead
User

Post by underworlddead »

I would like to add my Signature (not digital) to all pages. Is this possible?

Thank for your help.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Signatures and Initials: multiple pages

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, underworlddead

I assume that when you say not digital, you simply mean that you do not wish to apply a signature certificate to the document yes? In that case you would want to use the "signatures and initials" tools on the protect tab:
PDFXEdit_vEbcnyutHk.png
These functions will place a "signature stamp" which when applied is simply flattened into base content, no special formatting or certificates involved, just set a picture for your signature, then place and apply. After it has been applied, you can select it again by using the "Edit > shapes" tool (on the home tab).

To duplicate any compatible selected content across all pages, simply select that content and then use the "selection" function (also on the home tab) to duplicate the content to all pages.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
underworlddead
User

Post by underworlddead »

The selection function on the Home Tab is excally what I needed. I was unaware of this feature, thank you for the quick help! :D
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)
capn_buzzcut
User

Post by capn_buzzcut »

Actually I just figured out how to add multiple DIGITAL signatures to the same file as well, such as something that you'd like to digitally sign (instead of notarizing, which I'm trying to get folks away from) on multiple pages.

Click edit form and use the add signature to add a signature box where you want it. Now, you can select and copy/paste this signature box wherever you want it and you're all set for the next step. OR, if you'll click the signature box properties, you'll notice it's "Field Name". You can actually create multiple signature boxes of different sizes, in different places in the same document, just make sure they all have the exact same "Field Name".

Now, close the form editor and click on one of the signature fields. Sign it with your digital signature of choice, and you'll prompted to save the document. Save it, and voila - now you've digitally signed all those signature boxes at the same time.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, capn_buzzcut

Good sleuthing, If underworlddead had been looking for a method involving placing a digital signature that certainly would have been the first recommendation, along with a link to this article about general form creation (and a special mention about the "managing fields" section): https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -PDF-forms

Hopefully these posts can help someone else looking for the same in the future.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
kal
User

Post by kal »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 pm Hi, underworlddead

I assume that when you say not digital, you simply mean that you do not wish to apply a signature certificate to the document yes? In that case you would want to use the "signatures and initials" tools on the protect tab:
PDFXEdit_vEbcnyutHk.png
These functions will place a "signature stamp" which when applied is simply flattened into base content, no special formatting or certificates involved, just set a picture for your signature, then place and apply. After it has been applied, you can select it again by using the "Edit > shapes" tool (on the home tab).

To duplicate any compatible selected content across all pages, simply select that content and then use the "selection" function (also on the home tab) to duplicate the content to all pages.

Kind regards,
Hi Daniel,

I'm trying to use your solution but the duplicate function is greyed out when a "signatures and initials" object is selected on the page. The only way to put this on multiple pages if I click on it on every pages. Even copy and paste are not working with this kind of object. My program version is: 9.0 Build: 352.0 PDF-Xchange Editor
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

When you click to select the signature and you do a right-mouse-click on it, you will probably see a menu with "Apply Signature".

The signature must first be 'applied' before you can go to duplicate it. So, first click "Apply Signature".

After this, click Edit > All Content, click the signature, and click Selection > Duplicate.

Does this work for you ?
kal
User

Post by kal »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:11 pm When you click to select the signature and you do a right-mouse-click on it, you will probably see a menu with "Apply Signature".

The signature must first be 'applied' before you can go to duplicate it. So, first click "Apply Signature".

After this, click Edit > All Content, click the signature, and click Selection > Duplicate.

Does this work for you ?
Hi Will,

Unfortunatelly once it is applied then it is no more selectable but become part of the pdf.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Are you sure to first click the Home-tab > Edit > All Content, before trying to select your signature ?
Attachments
PDF-XChange Editor - Edit all content.png
kal
User

Post by kal »

Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:15 pm Are you sure to first click the Home-tab > Edit > All Content, before trying to select your signature ?
That made it work. Thank you very much. Great support!
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Glad to read that it finally works.

Thanks for the appreciation.

:-)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, All

Thanks for handling this Willy! Your shared knowledge is always appreciated (and makes my job much easier!) :)

Have a great day!

Support@pdf-xchange.com