Menus getting collapsed...

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Puffolino
User

Menus getting collapsed...

Post by Puffolino »

In the latest version (3.337) the menus and toolbars are summarized to a tiny box showing the dropdown arrow only in a very aggressive way. I didn't find a logic behind that for now, but it starts slowly (most of the time "Edit Content" is "missing" first) and after it has started, more and more toolbars and menu titles are shrinked.

Has anyone else seen this effect`?

grafik.png
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Menus getting collapsed...

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Puffolino,

To be honest, this is the first time I'm seeing this!

Did you try to reset your toolbars?

ResetToolbars.png

After that you may consider locking them:

image.png

Regards.
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Me either, using the editor quite often...
...that behaviour started with the 337th edition - before resetting all menus, I'll check a copy on my memory stick (I am using sion of the editor), where I should have the 336th build.
When the old one works fine, I'll copy the Settings.dat and do some further testing...

...maybe the new release needs more memory? I also saw some Z order problems with large documents here and then which I never saw before. That means, that an object above another one disappears after a while and won't be seen until it is selected in the content panel and brought to front.

What also happened (two times) is, that the icon in the windows taskbar got lost after minimizing the editor program. I thought my work has gone because I didn't see the program anymore on the desktop. Using Alt+Tab multiple times brought the editor back (but not the icon) :roll:
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Puffolino,

I've checked your screenshot. Just to confirm - you are using the classic UI, right?

And do you normally have those toolbars next to "File/Edit"? Or could it be that you have e.g. accidentally dragged them up?
drag.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

You are right, I am a space saver - so I use the classic Tollbar and have also arranged some of them beside the traditional menu. I did this long time ago and everything worked smooth day by day....
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Puffolino

In that case, could I ask you to export your UI customizations and send them here to us so that we can test and see what the difference is between versions as well?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Sent it by mail .
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Puffolino,

Did you get a reply from one of my colleagues on that e-mail? As I can't seem to find it, and just want to make sure we've received it correctly!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Stefan, should I resend the information? I forwarded it to your email address as well...
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Puffolino

Terribly sorry for the missed communication, We both managed to locate your emails just earlier today, our personal accounts are more "restricted" than the "support" account and we generally do not use them for communication, so they are infrequently checked. Somehow it appears that your email ended up in both of our junk folders (making it even more difficult to locate), Stefan will be looking into this over the next while and get back to you when he can.

In the future, please ensure that you always email us through <support@pdf-xchange.com> and not our personal addresses, so as to avoid this occurrence again.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Puffolino
User

Post by Puffolino »

Sorry, my fault...
...let me know, if further information is needed.

BTW again one more request (and quite not the most important for now): the main menu allows to set just an icon for SharePoint which makes it more compact, would be fine to do that for other items (Windows, Help,...) as well - would be a cool space saver :roll: