Combine multiple single-page PDF files into a single file (like a book)

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gopher_everett
User

Combine multiple single-page PDF files into a single file (like a book)

Post by gopher_everett »

Hello,

Is there a way to combine multiple separate PDF files into a single file (like a book) using PDF-XChange Editor?

I'm paralyzed and cannot move my hands so I'm helpless with anything hardcopy. As a result, in order to read a book I have to have it in an electronic (on-screen) form.

I have an old paperback book (154 pages) which a friend recently separated into individual pages by heating-up the glue binding. After scanning all of the pages into PDF files, I used an AHK (AutoHotkey) script to modify each filename to include the page number. So now I've got 154 PDF files each of which contains a single page of the book.

At this point, I can read the book on-screen but each page will have to be opened as a single file. That's doable but cumbersome for reading and navigating between pages. Instead of doing that, I'm wondering if there is a way, using PDF-XChange Editor, to combine all of the page files into a single book-like file so I can use Single, Continuous, Double views and navigate using the arrows and number box at the bottom in the Status Bar.

Thanks
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Combine multiple single-page PDF files into a single file (like a book)

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi gopher_everett.

You may use the simple feature:
File > New Document > Combine Files into a single PDF.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
gopher_everett
User

Post by gopher_everett »

Thank you. That is indeed very simple.

During the process, I got the following pop-up alert:

2020-04-22a_PDF-XChange Editor.png

My current version is 6.0 (Build 320.1)

Can you tell me if I am eligible for an upgrade at a reduced price or if I am required to purchase the full package?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, gopher_everett

We do not normally offer discounts on base license costs outside of Educational institutions or charities. With that said, if you have in the past purchased a license for one of our products, you can likely renew it for a discount by singing into your account page here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/myaccount
Beyond that, any inquiries related to licensing are best sent via email to either support@pdf-xchange.com or sales@pdf-xchange.com as we cannot delve into the details on a public forum.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com