Insert Pages Dialog

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kai_jh
User

Insert Pages Dialog

Post by kai_jh »

A smaller point as suggestion for improvement from someone that uses PDFXChangeEditor a lot:

I do use the Insert Pages dialog quite often and have a feature request: In the Destination section, I find it quite annoying that the Location "After"/"Before" is located in a drop-down (requiring 2 clicks) instead of an option-box or check-box that would require 1 click only.
The use case Before&First-Page and After&Last-Page are very common. It would be great if you could switch between them in 1 or 2 clicks, now it requires 3.

Thanks and best regards,
Kai
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Insert Pages Dialog

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello kai_jh,

Thanks for the suggestion - I will pass it to our UI designers and see if they had any specific reason to have the "Location" as a drop down, and if this can be changed. However having two separate radio groups so close to each other might have been the reason a drop down was selected for one of the options.

Have you tried alternatively to just drag and drop pages from other files to the thumbnails pane of the document in which you want to insert? This should be just one click (+ 1 drag), and will place the pages exactly where you want them visually.

Kind regards,
Stefan
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hello Stefan,

yes, drag and drop works, but if you want to select larger areas, specifying the number in the dialog is still faster. If your colleagues can look into it for the future, I would be thankful, but as mentioned, it is a smaller point.

Regards
Kai
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello kai_jh,

I've passed the enquiry along already, and should have feedback shortly! I can't make any promises - but we will certainly look into this!

Kind regards,
Stefan
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hello Stefan,

I have actually another comment on your workaround solution, as I tried that twice today: When I drag and drop files in the thumbnail view side bar, I am not able to use the scroll-wheel. If you have a long PDF, it is easier to start dragging, then scrolling up or down with the wheel of the mouse instead of positioning the pointer to the top or bottom and waiting for the list to scroll that way.

Thanks
Kai
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, kai_jh

To be completely honest, I am surprised that this is not something we hear about more often. I have created a ticket for you:

RT#5153: Scroll while dragging in panes

I am sure you know by now, but as with all tickets, you will not be able to look this up directly yourself. If you ask any member of our support team for an update on it, we can certainly look it up for you.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
kai_jh
User

Post by kai_jh »

Hi Daniel,
thanks for creating that ticket. I am looking forward to maybe see this implemented in one of the next versions.
Actually I noted this issue with about every other software tool I use frequently. It seems to me that it is not a standard that the scroll wheel works while dragging, but there has to be some way to implement this, as there is a good number of products that have this working.
Happy Easter and best regards
Kai
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello kai,

We will certainly look into this, and as soon as there are any news in the ticket - we will post them here!

Kind regards,
Stefan