Can no longer see scanner. License issue?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

capncavu
User

Can no longer see scanner. License issue?

Post by capncavu »

Aloha!

After many years of uneventfully using my Dell Studio to scan with my HP 2710, today my PC cannot see the scanner. The scanner shows fine in Win10 Device Manager, coming and going as I plug/unplug the scanner into multiple PC ports. But PDF Exchange Pro Editor v6 Build 370.0 cannot see the scanner.

Then I try it with my wife's Dell PC on our license also v6 but a new Build: 370.1. This Dell sees and uses the HP scanner just fine.

When I try to update my PDF Exchange Editor v6 Build 370.0 to 370.1, it says, "No updates available".

I know this update problem is not likely related to my scanner problem, since the scanner has been working fine with v6 Build 370.0 for a long time.

Any thoughts you have will be appreciated.

Mahalo,
Robert
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Can no longer see scanner. License issue?

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Robert,

Could you please send us screenshots of the following menus to support@pdf-xchange.com:

Main menu -> Help -> About.

Main menu -> Help -> License key.

Regards
capncavu
User

Post by capncavu »

Hi Dimitar:

Thanks for your reply. Attachments below.

The screenshot of the License key was removed by the Admin!

image1.png

Cheers,
Robert Oswald
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Robert,

At this point, I can only guess what happened, but I think that a full re-installation of your scanner drivers will fix the issue.

Please download the latest version of the drivers your device, available on the manufacturer website, and install it.

Regards.
capncavu
User

Download PDF Exchange

Post by capncavu »

Thanks Dimitar. I'll get on the driver download.

Meanwhile, I refreshed my Windows 10 and am now in the process of re-establishing all of my apps.

So I need to download PDF Exchange again. I found your download site, but I don't remember if my license is for Pro or Pro Plus.

Kindly tell me what I need to re-download and activate my PDF Exchange app on my Win 10 PC.

Mahalo,
Robert
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, capncavu

You can recover your license key and the appropriate installer at any time by signing into your user account on the main site.

Once you have the correct installer, you certainly can simply reinstall and reapply the key to the same device. We extent single user licenses to be used on 2 personal devices provided you are the sole user able to access the software on both. 1 Primary device (Desktop/laptop) and 1 secondary device (laptop/windows tablet), as such since this is the same device as it was originally installed on, you are not increasing your installation count at all.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
capncavu
User

All good. Question on new v 8.0 build 338

Post by capncavu »

Mahalo Daniel:

On the site, I was eligible to upgrade from v6 to v8.0 331.0.

Downloaded, installed, and the key is showing Valid.

Connecting to my HP 2710 scanner OK now - without reloading the drivers myself. Perhaps I got fresh drivers from my Win10 reset.

I'm a PDF Exchanger from way-back and would upgrade

Can you tell me if Build 338 addresses what I regard as a big disappointment: Layer control.

Often I cannot select the object I need to edit because another object underneath gets selected instead.

There is no means in V6 (I've not tried in V8 yet) to select and object and "Move to Top" to get it above another object where it belongs.

Does some version of PDF Exchange allow control of layering of objects?

Mahalo for your help. PDF Exchange is a fine app that I enjoy using - except for the layering! :)

Cheers,
Robert Oswald
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, capncavu

If multiple content items which can be selected by the same tool happen to overlap (such as images and text) you can cycle through those in the same location by using Alt+Click in the same spot. The cursor icon should change to an "overlapping objects" icon if the Alt key modifier is being held down. I believe that this has been in place since the beginning of V7, possibly earlier?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com