Stamp management question  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BrianG
User

Stamp management question

Post by BrianG »

I am trying to figure out how to manage custom stamps. My attempt to delete one of them using the stamps palette delete function didn't work. What is the best approach for removing one of them? They all reside in a single .pdf file.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Stamp management question  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, BrianG

Deleting stamps from the Stamps palette should work without issue as these files are "locked for use" by the Editor while the application is running, unless you have opened PDF file that you are changing directly in the Editor, there should be no issues.
Can you please ensure that you did not open the Stamp PDF document directly in the Editor when attempting to make this change, then delete the custom stamp and close the Editor.
Once it is reopened, the stamp should stay removed.

Note that the Default stamps cannot be deleted.

If this is not working for you, can you please take a video of the issue happening, so that we can see what is going on?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
BrianG
User

Re: Stamp management question

Post by BrianG »

Thank you for the response Daniel. I tried doing the custom stamp deletion again and it worked as expected. I'm certain that the stamp .pdf file was not open in Editor when my attempted deletion failed but I had just made a copy of it so perhaps my file explorer had ahold of it. Regardless, it's working. Thanks again.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Stamp management question

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BrianG,

Glad to hear everything as you needed it now!

Kind regards,
Stefan