Duplicated redaction rectangle changes position from page to page

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

petepuma01
User

Duplicated redaction rectangle changes position from page to page

Post by petepuma01 »

I've tried this on 7.325.6 and 8.336-- same results.

We have a 50 page document that needs the same section of each page redacted. I applied a redaction rectangle on the first page. I then went to Home > Selection > Duplicate. I select "Duplicate to Pages from Range", all pages. 0 offsets. Click OK. I also tried this with the first duplicate button selection.

Page 1, 2 are OK. Page 3, the rectangle shifts down several lines. Page 4-6, back to correct. Page 7 is off again. Pages 8 is correct. Page 9 is almost correct. Page 10 wrong, several lines. Etc.

Why is the rectangle not being duplicated in the same spot on every page?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Duplicated redaction rectangle changes position from page to page

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, petepuma01

Most likely those pages are "rotated" and as such the rectangle is technically in the same location, but to the human eye appears to be different. In PDF, everything is coordinate based, so when you place a rectangle on page 1, that rectangle exists at the coordinates X=15 y=30 as an example. For pages 1,2,4-6, etc, the starting point for those coordinates is the bottom left corner, but pages 3 and 7 being rotated 180 degrees, the starting point is the top right corner so while the location is the same, it appears in the exact opposite corner of those pages.

You can see the page rotation by selecting the page thumbnail (ctrl+T) and looking in the properties pane (Ctrl+~).
If that is not the case, please send us a copy of this document for investigation.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
petepuma01
User

Post by petepuma01 »

Thank you. While the pages are not rotated, I did notice that pages do not have consistent heights--616, 682, 612, 660, etc.

Is it possible to change the starting coordinate from the bottom left to the top left or right? Or make all of the pages the same size?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, petepuma01

Unfortunately no, it is not currently possibly to change the start point for coordinates of pages beyond rotating the page.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
petepuma01
User

Post by petepuma01 »

I figured out how to make this work. My redaction is in the upper right corner-- where the report header is. This section is always consistent. Knowing that coordinates are measured from the bottom left, I used the rotate tool to rotate the page 180 degrees. I applied my redaction across all the pages and it applied correctly. I then rotated back 180 degrees. All is good.
petepuma01
User

Post by petepuma01 »

I found another way. I resized the page (Organize > Resize), set a custom page height to the highest size page, set vertical offset to 0 point from Top (not default of center). Pages got longer at the bottom and the top of the page stayed where it was.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for us know your solutions :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com