Printing multiple pages without resizing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Timur Born
User

Printing multiple pages without resizing

Post by Timur Born »

Hello.

Is it possible to print multiple pages per sheet without the single pages being resized? This would be useful for pages that are smaller than the destination sheet size.

For example: I am printing poker sized cards, nine cards fit on a single DIN A4 sheet. Currently I first have to use the "Merge Pages" function to get the smaller cards on a larger sheet. I could skip that step if there was an option to just print multiple pages (cards) on a single sheet without the cards being resized.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing multiple pages without resizing

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Timur,

If I understand you correctly this is what you need to do:

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards.
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

Unfortunately this is not what I mean. The print function as shown by you does resize all pages to fit on the sheet, but I need this without the resizing part. In your example the originally poker sized cards are upsampled to a larger size, because the A4 sheet can hold more than 9 x (2.5 x 3.5 in). As a result each card is resized from 63.5 x 89 mm to 66 x 92.5 mm.

This is no dramatic drawback, because as a paying user I can just use the "Merge Pages" function instead. But it would be nice to get the option to not resize the source pages to fit the destination sheet, especially for free users.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Timur,

I have created a feature request for this, as usual no guarantees of implementation, but we will see if it can be done.
#5099: FR: Multiple pages per sheet "Do not upscale" option

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com