PDFs IN AutoCAD 2004

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

raparker
User

PDFs IN AutoCAD 2004

Post by raparker »

When I attempt to make a 36" w X 24" h PDF it prints vertically and is not the full size.
What has to happen here? This happened before and I thought it was corrected but it is not. I donot have the time nor patience to put up with this.
Roy
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDFs IN AutoCAD 2004

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Roy,

thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear your frustration with this. Can you fill in some details for me please?

Are you printing from AutoCAD 2004 directly to our PDF-XChange Standard Printer or our PDF-XChange Lite Printer?

Can you send us a screen shot of your print dialogue showing the printer settings in use as well as the Printer Preferences as pulled from the AutoCAD print Dialogue please?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
raparker
User

Post by raparker »

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your timely reply.
I plot from within the Autocad "Plot" menu, just as I do when I plot to have copies made. The "PDF-XChange Lite.pc3" is the Name given in the Plot Device, Plot Configuration table and is described as the "PDF-XChange Lite Driver - Windows System Driver - by PXCL".
I made a screen shot and placed in a document entitled "test 2.docx". When I attempted to attach it the warning says "Error invalid file extension." So I change the suffix to "doc" and received the same message.
Where do I go from here?
Thank you,

Roy
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello raparker,

I am afraid that I am at a bit of a loss for what is going on here, so I apologize if I have somehow misunderstood. Our Lite printer is for generating PDF documents, and as such could not be used to generate Docx files, regardless of your CAD applications plotter configuration.

Could you please take screenshots of the errors you are seeing, as well as the items Paul asked for earlier, and attach them, either as images in .png format, or in a zip file, to your next post, so that we can take a look and see what is happening, and what you are trying to accomplish?
If possible, a copy of the current PDF output would be helpful as well.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
raparker
User

Post by raparker »

Good morning Daniel,
Thank you for responding to my questions.
I just plotted two 24"x36" PDFs and they are okay. I do not understand what I am doing to cause this not to work every time. Hopefully this situation is resolved. I will be in contact if not.
Thank you,
Roy
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello raparker,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please do keep us posted.

Regards.
Timur Born
User

Post by Timur Born »

raparker wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:25 amI just plotted two 24"x36" PDFs and they are okay. I do not understand what I am doing to cause this not to work every time. Hopefully this situation is resolved. I will be in contact if not.
Does one project contain bitmap images or special references and the other does not, like scanned maps that serve as background for the new vector drawing?

Spirit is one CAD software that I know of that turns the whole plan into a bitmap image before printing when certain bitmap references are present. But it offers a warning popup when this happens and also offers an internal PDF writer that does not suffer from this restriction.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Rparker,

Timur here has an excellent point. Can you look into it and see if that may be the cause of the issue on your end?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com