Number of copies needs collate set

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MamaBear2015
User

Number of copies needs collate set

Post by MamaBear2015 »

I suggested this awhile back, but it still hasn't been fixed.

When we print more than one copy, the Collate needs to be automatically set. No one wants to pick out 50 pages and separate them, because it wasn't. Could someone please change that in the program?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Number of copies needs collate set

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello MamaBear2015,

This setting is remembered between prints, there is no negative impact from having it on while only printing a single copy, so you should never need to change it after enabling it the first time. There are many reasons for keeping this option present, and we have no intentions of changing its behaviour at this time. Automatically changing a remembered checkbox without intentional interaction would cause confusion for a number of users.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
asdf3sthdhawer53
User

Post by asdf3sthdhawer53 »

In another post, it was mentioned that collate would be remembered, but it doesn't for me. It's always off by default. I tried the recommendations, such as opening only 1 file, set collate, and restart the program, or opening as administrator and then set collate, but even after that, collate is still unchecked each time I restart the program.

Another post mentioned that collate would be handled by the driver and that some printers may not be able to remember to collate, but when I print with other PDF software, collate is on by default or remembered. Only PDF-xchange Editor doesn't remember it.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, asdf3sthdhawer53

Terribly sorry for the missed posting here, Looking this over, I am curious to know if the issue is still present in the latest release? Could I ask you to please update to version 9.2 build 358.0, and let me know if situation is still an ongoing issue for you?

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
asdf3sthdhawer53
User

Post by asdf3sthdhawer53 »

No, after the update to the latest version, the previous collate setting is still not remembered, so it has to be checked every time when going to print.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, asdf3sthdhawer53

Thank you for confirming. After a few tests I see what you mean, and am back in discussions with the dev team about trying to get this implemented. On speaking with my colleagues, I found that in the past there was some resistance to the idea as it could cause other issues with printing to remember this option, but I will make sure we re-consider it again here.

This is not a guarantee that it will be implemented, but simply a promise to reconsider the decision.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com