Signature Form Fields

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Thomas W.
User

Signature Form Fields

Post by Thomas W. »

The signature form fields created by PDF-XChange-Editor seems to be differ from signature form fields created by Adobe Acrobat. A signature form field I do create using Adobe Acrobat will be recognized by PDF-XChange-Editor, Adobe products and a signature tool I've too use at work (https://www.evergabe-online.de/download ... uthority?1). A signature form field I do create using PDF-XChange-Editor will be recognized by PDF-XChange-Editor and Adobe products but not by the signature tool.

Sincerely,
Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Signature Form Fields

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas,

I just downloaded and tested your software - and it does seem to recognize the signature field in the attached file:
Signature_test_custom_software.png
Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
New Document.pdf
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Thomas W.
User

Post by Thomas W. »

I've replaced the signature field in my file by a new one. Now it works as expected with my file too, :D :roll: .

Thanks for your help,
Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)
Thomas W.
User

Post by Thomas W. »

:(
My problem is still unsolved. Yes, the signing tool is recognizing the signature form field created by PDF-XChang-Editor to be there but can't use it. If I do sign the form, the signing tool will not use the signature form field but create a stamp at the bottom of the page. If I do create the signature form field using Adobe Acrobat the signing tool is using the signature form field. I've added example files to this post.
I know, this may be a problem of the signing tool. But I do think there must be a little difference between the signature form fields too.

Regards,
Thomas
Attachments
sign_field_by_pdfxchangeeditor_signed.pdf
(239.74 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
sign_field_by_pdfxchangeeditor.pdf
(181.45 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
sign_field_by_adobeacrobat_signed.pdf
(240.1 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
sign_field_by_adobeacrobat.pdf
(181.69 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Thomas W.
User

Post by Thomas W. »

:idea:
Newly created signature form fields (by PDF-XChange-Editor) seems to be handled correct by the signing tool I've to use. The problems seems to be with signature form fields I do copy from one form to another one.

Regards,
Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Thomas,

Yes form fields are designed and work a bit differently than most other PDF objects.
The form field itself is one, but what is placed on the page and what you select and copy is one of the (possibly many) widgets for that field. So I presume that your signature tool has issues with the copy-pasted widgets, though I will ask our devs to check if they can see what might be causing those issues.

For the moment - please do create your signature fields in the file you need them to be in.

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Thomas,

Over the weekend I received an update from our devs, and they suspect that it is your tool that can not handle our Signature fields when they are pasted, even though we do paste them in compliance with the PDF specification.

Here is the explanation from our devs:
Form fields in PDF files consist of two parts -- a field and widget(s). If a field has only one widget, the usual approach is for the dictionaries of the field and widget to be merged. but in our case when we paste a field, we split widget's and field's parts and that causes issues with the app.
That splitting of the information is perfectly fine, but it appears like your app is not handling it correctly. You can try to contact the authors of that app and ask them to check if they can implement some further improvements.

In the mean time our devs said they will try to make some changes so that even when we paste - we paste the field and widget in such a way that your application should recognize them, so can you please run a test with the attached file and see if the signature field in it is recognized by your signing app?

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
test_field.pdf
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 42 times