Forms fields are recognized by Adobe Reader but not by Adobe Acrobat

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Thomas W.
User

Forms fields are recognized by Adobe Reader but not by Adobe Acrobat

Post by Thomas W. »

Last month I'd created a form (211(DE) Angebotsaufforderung.pdf) using PDF-XChange-editor version 8.0.332 or 8.0333. This one I can open an fill in Adobe Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat XI. Now I've done an update to some form fields in PDF-XChange-editor version 8.0.336 (211(DE) Angebotsaufforderung neu.pdf). I can still open and fill the the new form in Adobe Reader but Adobe Acrobat isn't recognizing the form field any longer. But its necessary to me to read the form with form fields in Adobe Acrobat XI.

Sincerely
Thomas
Attachments
211(DE) Angebotsaufforderung_neu.pdf
(184.99 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
211(DE) Angebotsaufforderung.pdf
(191.73 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Forms fields are recognized by Adobe Reader but not by Adobe Acrobat

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas,

Adobe Acrobat XI is 7-8 years old now (it was released in 2012) - and might not support all the latest features related to form fields, however as far as I am aware - fields we create should open in that version.
I have a colleague here with Adobe Acrobat DC (not just the reader) - and the attached sample file, created with the Editor, opens perfectly fine for him and all 4 fields are visible (one Text, one Button, one Checkbox and one Signature field).

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
New Document.pdf
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Thomas W.
User

Post by Thomas W. »

The document you've attached to your reply opens fine in my Adobe reader and Adobe Acrobat too.

I'd created my file "211(EU) Angebotsaufforderung_neu.pdf" by copying all form fields from "211(EU) Angebotsaufforderung.pdf" to the new document (I've exported vom LibreOffice).

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas W.
User

Post by Thomas W. »

I've done my work again. Now it works ( :?: ). I can open the form and fill the fields in Adobe Reader and in Adobe Acrobat.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Thomas,

So let's count this (and your other problem from the other topic) as one-off issues, and I am happy to hear that all is now working as it should!

Regards,
Stefan