PDF Xchange Editor cannot print in windows 2016

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

awong
User

PDF Xchange Editor cannot print in windows 2016

Post by awong »

we are using PDF Xchange Editor and try to print PDF in Windows 2016.
However, we found the PDF Xchange Edtor hang / no response after click on "Print" in menu.

We need to end "splwow64.exe" the process, the PDF Xchange editor back to normal. However, the print job was not success. no any print job show in print queue.

Please kindly help. thanks.

Best regards,
Ashley Wong
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF Xchange Editor cannot print in windows 2016

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ashley,

Can you please go to Help -> About in the Editor - and check which build is currently installed? If it is not 336 (the current latest) - please update.
Then if the issue still happens - does it only happen if you try to print to a specific printer or to any device (including virtual ones)? If it's only to a specific printer - have you checked if there are newer drivers for that device as well?

Regards,
Stefan
awong
User

Post by awong »

Thank you for your prompt support.
I am using latest version of PDF Xchange Editor which download from your website.
The issue would happened with all printer driver. the application hang after I just click "Print" button, and then if I end task "Splwow64.exe", the application would back to normal, but of course there have not printing output.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Awong,

We did just release build 336.0 shortly after you initially posted, so even if you installed the latest during you initial post, please do check under help > about and ensure that you are running that build and not 335.0 instead.

If updating our software does not help, please ensure that windows is fully updated. I notice you said you are running windows 2016, is this a Windows Server environment, or are you running windows 10 (initially released in 2015)?

Finally, can you confirm if the same issue happens with any other virtual printers, such as the "Microsoft Print to PDF" or "Microsoft XPS document writer" printers?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com