White box appears when printed but never on screen

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

vada
User

White box appears when printed but never on screen

Post by vada » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:58 am

Is there a way to stop a white box that appears when a pdf is printed but not on screen? It's somehow related to a png image. The document was made in MS Word and the image inserted into it. In the pdf you never see a white box but if you click on the png you get a sort of highlighted version of the box. Normally you would never even know about the invisible box in the pdf because you'd never have any reason to click on that spot. At least, I wouldn't, I only found by accident.

I looked around online for solutions and it sounds like it could have something to do with layers, transparency and/or rasterization. One site said to check the "Transparency" box under Save As > Optimize, in Acrobat. But it seems that PDF-Exchange has no Transparency options in its Optimize dialog.

Also I tried saving the image as tiff then inserting into Word doc, didn't make any difference.
demo.png

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: White box appears when printed but never on screen

Post by Willy Van Nuffel » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:37 am

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce the problem.

Most probably, there is an overlay of two items:
- click Edit > Images, and then drag the picture out of its original position
- after this, click File > Print to see the "print preview"
- do you still see the white box at the same position in the picture?

In the File > Print dialog-box, below Advanced Print Options, at Print:, does it make a difference when you select "Document" instead of "Document and Markups" or vice-versa?

Can you post the PDF that shows the problem? (only the specific page and picture should be sufficient)

Regards.

Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: White box appears when printed but never on screen

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:10 am

Hello,

Yes, an example file will be very useful, as well as information about the exact version of the PDF Editor.

Regards.