Comments + panel

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

1976kjell
User

Comments + panel

Post by 1976kjell »

Hi

Im new to this forum and have been using PDF-XChange Editor for a year

Its a great program, but it has some strange "behaviour"

Im mainly adding sticky notes on pages on a big car engine manual so its easy to find a page in the future. No index is included

It varies if the notetext also is showing up in the left panel, or only the date when it was made.

What decide if the note also is shown in the panel?

Look at this attacked file
Problem.jpg

The lower orange arrows:

If its not showing up in the panel, the notetext can be shown by marking it, but then the note duplicates, one without (red arrow) and one with text. Its then impossible to mark the upper note, only the lower duplicated note can be marked

Aften this is done, the next note is like the two upper notes, ie the text is showing up without marking/duplicating

How to get it like that without marking/duplicating the firsk note?

Ive also experienced while cutting/deleting sticky notes, the complete program is closed. Why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 1976kjell on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Comments + panel

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello 1976kjell,

Thank you for the post and problem description. I believe that these issues are caused by adding comments in an older build, and looking at your screenshot I can see that you are not currently running Version 8 of our software. Could I ask you to update the application ()via help > check for updates, or by running the latest installer from our downloads page) and see if you can reproduce the issue with newly created comments (or crashing) there?

If you still see the issue after updating, I will need a copy of this document, and a detailed step-by-step description (or video if possible) going over how I can reproduce this.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
1976kjell
User

Post by 1976kjell »

Now the newest version, 8.0.334.0, is installed and all the problems in the 1.Post of this thread is solved

The updates via help-button didnt work in the old version, but it does in the newest update. Used the download page

Thanks Daniel
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:D
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com