PDF Xchange missing data when opening PDF's

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

brians1
User

PDF Xchange missing data when opening PDF's

Post by brians1 »

I had an issue where info was missing on the PDF ( such as Customer Data was missing on the owners section for this file) and when I close and reopen the document, the Customer Data reappears.

This seems to happen randomly and this is on 2 users who had it on their p[previous machines and we just replaced their computers with new models and the same thing happens within 48 hours.

Wonder if this is a setting that might be causing it?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF Xchange missing data when opening PDF's

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi brians1,

I am not familiar with any known issues that would explain this. Is this document specific or does it happen on any document with form fields? I am assuming it is on forms because of your description, would it be possible to see such a file?
If you have any sensitive information on the file, please try redacting that content first. Hopefully(?) the issue will still present itself post redaction so we can see it first hand.

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
brians1
User

Post by brians1 »

The issue is they can not be sent over as they are confidential and would breach my ITIL.

These are contracts and when the rep opens it to verify all the information is filled out certain sections of the PDF are missing example : SSN, name, etc its random. they close the pdf and reopen it and it shows.

This causes delays and issues and seems to be with Forms only.

I also have had people tell me who get say a statement from a client which is not a form but a standard pdf of an invoice etc it will have data missing also and then they close it and reopen it and the missing data is there.

Its only PDF Xchange that does this and not PDF viewer.

UPDATE :

Got more info. So a user would open a PDF normally and it would shows as 1 of 1 page. They would close it and now shows as 1 of 4 or 1 of 19 etc.

This is randomly happening also.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Brains1,

This seems to be a few different issues at once form what you have described. If the total number of pages is changing, most likely the users are running an older version of our software, and these PDF document are in Adobes proprietary "XFA" format, which causes numerous issues when opened by any software other than Adobe. We have addressed a large amount of these issues and should be able to display most documents reliably in the current latest build (334.0).

As for the disappearing content aspect of the issue, this is one I have seen before, and is most often caused by an installation issue. Please uninstall all of our software completely from your machine, then restart and run the latest installer directly from our website, (better yet, from your account page), and never from a third party website (as they may have a corrupted installer). You should advise all clients you know experiencing disappearing content issues to perform this process on all affected machines.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
brians1
User

Post by brians1 »

I am running the newest version from the site and update when needed as this is deployed via installs.

Ill uninstall and reinstall again but we are on that version so not sure why.

As for the first part it makes sense as most stuff is done with Adobes coding as these are statements, bills, etc and a lot of company's follow Adobes converting settings.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Brians1

Let me know if the reinstall helps at all, Hopefully it will, but if not we will need a copy of at least one offending document and a brief description of the process a user would go through (with a rough timeline as I assume this is not an "immediately reproducible" issue) to investigate over here.

I understand that you cannot publicly share a document which contains sensitive information, if you can find (or create) one with minimal details of the like, where the issue is reproducible, could you please send it to us via email, with a link to this post? <support@pdf-xchange.com>

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com