Printing Always Turns LAN Connected Office Printer Offline

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

standish-001
User

Printing Always Turns LAN Connected Office Printer Offline

Post by standish-001 »

Whenever I try to print from Build 7 our office's Ricoh printer - kind of a big jobbie: chest height, color, feeder, can do duplex printing, etc., a substantive office machine - gets knocked offline.

What do you think is happening?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Printing Always Turns LAN Connected Office Printer Offline

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello standish-001,

We are currently at build 334 of V8 of our products, so can you please try to update to this version and see if that helps with the problem?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Regards,
Stefan
standish-001
User

Post by standish-001 »

Hi Stefan,

I know what you mean about upgrading.

I think PDF X-Change Editor is FAR AND AWAY the best out there.

It took me about three years to get it to do what I need it to do, summarized well in this topic: viewtopic.php?t=22846

Right Now I'm using a combination of multiple applications to effectuate a simulacrum of the goal outlined in that post.

I feel VERY worried about upgrading. If I upgrade and build 334 of V8 obviates many of the subtle features I've found that can interact with other applications to allow an efficient organization of extracted annotations, can I UNINSTALL and roll back?

Many thanks,

SW

Finally, as a cri de coeur, I think François crystallized an important idea:
It is potentially millions of users who need such a feature. I am thinking in particular of academic market and research, but also any user who uses annotations, whether in business, government or any other organization. The Tag system proposed here is an example of a need that we have without knowing it. Which also means that once one becomes aware that such a feature exists, one can be tempted to use it even if before one did not see any utility.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello SW,

Yes - you can roll back to any build of our products:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/versio ... nge-editor
And you should also make a back up of your current settings - so that you can restore that as well if necessary.

Regards,
Stefan