How to preserve pane configuration for each pdf opened

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

litepegasus
User

How to preserve pane configuration for each pdf opened

Post by litepegasus »

Hello,

How do I preserve pane/window configuration for each different pdf? For example, whenever I open a "table of contents" pane in xchange, a "table of contents" pane opens in all other instances of pdf xchange editor running at that time.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to preserve pane configuration for each pdf opened

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello litepegasus,

I am afraid that you cannot set a custom pane view for each opened document. These are shared for all opened documents and when you show/hide a pane for one of the opened documents, the same changes will show for the rest of the documents.

Regards,
Radi
litepegasus
User

Post by litepegasus »

Can I request this?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

The question is not completely clear to me.

In case you like PDF-XChange Editor to remember panes like "Bookmarks" or "Thumbnails" for each individual PDF you have opened, then just go into Preferences > Page Display and mark the check-box "Restore the last used view of document ...".

In case you like to always open the Bookmarks or the Thumbnails pane when you open a specific PDF in whatever pdf-viewer, then you can set this via the Document Properties > Initial View > Navigation View (you must do this while that PDF is open and also do not forget to save it once again, after having changed its settings).

Something that is currently not possible in PDF-XChange Editor (for as far as I know), is to make that when you activate a specific pane for a specific PDF in one PDF-Editor window, that it also activates in the other PDF-Editor window for that same PDF.

Best regards.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi All,

Maybe this is the setting that is needed (it is on by default and needs to be turned off):
Synchronize.png
This way the panes that are specific to a document will remain active for it in the state desired (e.g. Thumbnails pane active for one document, and bookmarks pane open for another).

Regards,
Stefan