reading and writing options for students with dyslexia and dysorthographia

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

svanoost
User

reading and writing options for students with dyslexia and dysorthographia

Post by svanoost »

Hi,
can you please help me to find out how it is possible to
- read the selected text aloud even when the text has been written by students themselves with the typewriter?
The reading tool works well if we select pdf text but not when we select text written by ourselves...

- activate the grammar checker (for french) when we activate the spelling checker (F7).
Thank you for your help
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: reading and writing options for students with dyslexia and dysorthographia

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Svanoost,

Currently Read-out-loud can only be used for base content text, not comments, if the students make use of the "add > text" tool instead of the "typewriter" tool, they should be able to use read out loud afterwards:
image.png
We are working on a number of new Accessibility functions which will greatly enhance our usability, I am unsure at the moment if read out loud for comments will be among those changes, but it is possible. [Edit: after discussing with the dev team, they have asked that I create a formal Feature request to track this item "#5031: "Read out loud" in comments" you can ask any member of our support team for updates on this item here, simply mention the ticket number and we will be able to help.]

As for grammar checking, unfortunately, we do not offer any grammar checking functions currently. I do not believe that it is something we plan to incorporate at this time either.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com