Default Location for PDF-XChange 4.0 Lite

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SonnyBurnett
User

Default Location for PDF-XChange 4.0 Lite

Post by SonnyBurnett »

Our end users don't have Administrative Rights so when they attempt to change the default file location when creating a PDF by printing to PDF-XChange 4.0 Lite, they have to do this every time.

Even with an account WITH Full Admin rights tries this, it resets after computer has been restarted.

Suggestions?
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Default Location for PDF-XChange 4.0 Lite

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Sonny,

welcome to the Tracker forums and thanks for the post.

The default behaviour should be to both show a "Save As" dialogue, and open the PDF in the Default PDF app:
image.png
Are your users making this change while printing from an application? It may be just that they have made the change only for that application session.

What I would ask you to do is, as one of your non-admin users, with nothing else running after a restart, have them go into the Windows Control Panel, then select the PDF-XChange Lite Printer Properties and make the desired settings there. Restart and check if the settings are retained.

I just tested here and the settings are retain in my case. The point here is to do this via the Windows Control Panel --> Devices and Printers --> PDF-XChange Lite --> Printing Preferences --> Save -->

I am keen to hear if that changes the behaviour.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com