Quick launch does not respond on subsequent uses

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

martin19
User

Quick launch does not respond on subsequent uses

Post by martin19 »

v8.0 Build 334.0 on Windows 7

The Quick Launch box does not work correctly for me on 2nd and subsequent uses when using only the keyboard. Steps to repro:

Ctrl+. (Quick Launch box gains yellow border to show focus and flasing text caret appears in box)
Type into box (e.g. comm)
Arrow down to a command (e.g. Comments) and select it with enter key
Ctrl+. (Quick Launch box gains yellow border but flashing caret does NOT appear in box)
Type into box (typed characters do appear, but still not the flashing cursor; however, the backspace key is not recognised)

In order for me to reset the Quick Launch box so that it responds correctly on 2nd and subsequent occasions I have to click into it with the mouse.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Quick launch does not respond on subsequent uses

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello martin19,

We've tested on several Windows 10 machines, and on a couple of Windows 7 machines, but have been unable to reproduce the issue.
Can you please confirm that your Windows has all the updates installed? Can you give us an exact version and build number of your OS installed and if it is 32 or 64 bit?

Regards,
Stefan
martin19
User

Post by martin19 »

Thank you for your reply.

My machine is Windows 7 Ultimate, Version 6.1 (Build 7601:Service Pack 1) 64 bit, with all updates applied.

I also have access to a machine with Win 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB Version 1607 (Build 14393.3326) 64 bit. I am getting the same behaviour on that 2nd machine as on my Win7 one.

I have attached a small screen recording of the Quick Launch box showing the behaviour that I have described.

I hope that this helps.
Attachments
20191121_171453.zip
(259.08 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

Thanks, now I see what you mean!
At first I assumed that you can not start typing in the field at all.
I will ask our devs to take a look and get that fixed, but given that it is not a hard error preventing you from using our products - it will not be too high on the priority list!
#5016: Editor 334: Quick Launch tool's blinking vertical cursor does not show up on consecutive use of the shortcut (Ctrl + .)

Regards,
Stefan
martin19
User

Post by martin19 »

Thank you. I am sorry that I was not clear in my first message.

Please could I reiterate that it is not just the missing flashing text caret that is the problem; in this situation the Quick Launch textbox also does not respond to the backspace key (or the arrow keys, I have discovered now) so it is not possible to correct a typing error in the box, which is more of an inconvenience than just the missing caret. Please could you update #5016 with these extra details.

As I am new to your software, please could you tell me if it is possible for me to view open issues on your website. Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Martin,

I have added the note to the ticket and increased it priority proportionally. Unfortunately it is not possible to directly lookup tickets in our system, but in the future if you ask here any member of our support team will be able to look into the ticket directly and provide an update on its progress. Note that as usual, we cannot provide an estimate on the timeline for any fixes.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Martin.

This issue will be fixed in the new upcoming 336 build.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi All,

Ticket
#5016: Editor 334: Blinking vertical cursor does not show up on consecutive use of the shortcut (Ctrl + .)
Has now been marked as resolved, so please do update to build 336 if you haven't already - and the cursor will be fixed.

Cheers,
Stefan