Select box while editing content

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jonb42@gmail.com
User

Select box while editing content

Post by jonb42@gmail.com »

I'm wondering if there is a modifier to allow the select box you get while click-dragging to only select items which are completely inside the select box.

This can be very useful when there are multiple items right next to or on top of each other - for instance a grid on a table: I'd like to be able to drag a select box enclosing the vertical lines that doesn't select the horizontal because it doesn't enclose them. You can see in the screenshot here that doing this currently just grabs anything the select box touches:
image.png
In Autocad if I drag left to right then I only select what is enclosed entirely; right to left anything the box touches. But one could as easily press a modifier like Ctrl or Alt. Of course Ctrl already allows you to add to the selection. Alt does make a different tool icon appear (in the edit content mode) and I was hopeful - but the behavior doesn't appear to change.

Also I'd like to be able to explode linework! Sometimes a pdf contains linework that is all "stuck" together. It would be nice to be able to separate it so it could be edited. Exploding stamps would be similarly useful.

thanks - Jon
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Select box while editing content

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jon,

welcome to the Tracker forums, and thanks for the post.

While we do not have that selection modifier in the software right now, we do think we should. To that end I have added a formal Feature Request for this. while internal only, if you quote RT#5013: FR: Add a modifier to select objects only when they are entirely covered by the selection box in a post here or email to support@pdf-xchange.com then any support staff member can get you a status update.

I hope that helps.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com