Measure an angle?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

niXta
User

Measure an angle?

Post by niXta »

Hi all!

I just bought PDF-XChange Editor Pro and is looking for a way to measure an angle in a PDF doc. I can't find the tool for it.

Any ideas?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Measure an angle?  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello nixta,

Unfortunately we do not currently offer a way to display this on the page after placement (though you can see the angle for perimeter and Area measurements during placement), as such I have created the following feature request for you:
RT#4983: FR: angle measurement

I cannot guarantee that this will be implemented or when. If you are ever looking for an update on the progress of this ticket, please ask here about that ticket number, and any member of our suppor team will be able to assist.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
niXta
User

Re: Measure an angle?

Post by niXta »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm Hello nixta,

Unfortunately we do not currently offer a way to display this on the page after placement (though you can see the angle for perimeter and Area measurements during placement), as such I have created the following feature request for you:
RT#4983: FR: angle measurement

I cannot guarantee that this will be implemented or when. If you are ever looking for an update on the progress of this ticket, please ask here about that ticket number, and any member of our suppor team will be able to assist.

Kind regards,
Ok, thanks. Another thing I've found would have been nice is snapping to lines when measuring. Or do this already exist with a key press or something?
lev
User

Post by lev »

Snapping modes may be accessed via Preferences->Measurement->Snapping
To turn snapping on or off place Enable Snapping icon on your toolbar using Customize Toolbars feature.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Lev :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
niXta
User

Post by niXta »

Thanks!
lev wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:33 pm Snapping modes may be accessed via Preferences->Measurement->Snapping
To turn snapping on or off place Enable Snapping icon on your toolbar using Customize Toolbars feature.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:-)
Heezea
User

Post by Heezea »

Could you please provide an update on this feature for measuring angles? This is something that a similar software allows even though that software is slow and cumbersome.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Heezea

This ticket has been assigned a developer and a work item number, but otherwise has not seen significant development as the developer in question is tied up with our accessibility overhaul at the moment. As such, currently the only was to view an angle is still during placement, where you will see the angle for the node connecting the last placed line and the line you are about to place in polygon placement:
PDFXEdit_H3CnyoxyJ5.png
I am sorry to say that I also do not have any new estimates on when this may be implemented.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
User4455
User

Post by User4455 »

Hello all,
I was just about to write a feature request about this, but did a quick forum search before and landed here.
Now you know, that there is one more person, who would find an "angle measurement"-tool very useful, too.
Cheers
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello User4455,

Thanks for adding your voice here!
As previously discussed - this is not something we offer yet, but there are workarounds as with e.g. the Perimeter tool that you can use to do such angle measurements!

Kind regards,
Stefan
arc design partnership llp
User

Post by arc design partnership llp »

User4455 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:40 pm Hello all,
I was just about to write a feature request about this, but did a quick forum search before and landed here.
Now you know, that there is one more person, who would find an "angle measurement"-tool very useful, too.
Cheers
Make that TWO people. As an architect it is essential!
arc design partnership llp
User

Post by arc design partnership llp »

I do not have a pop-up measurement display!?
I have reset my settings as discussed elsewhere, and still nothing!
Cannot find anything that talks about enabling this pop-up. Without this, I cannot use the workaround to measure an angle!
Gareth

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:53 pm Hi, Heezea

This ticket has been assigned a developer and a work item number, but otherwise has not seen significant development as the developer in question is tied up with our accessibility overhaul at the moment. As such, currently the only was to view an angle is still during placement, where you will see the angle for the node connecting the last placed line and the line you are about to place in polygon placement:
PDFXEdit_H3CnyoxyJ5.png
I am sorry to say that I also do not have any new estimates on when this may be implemented.

Kind regards,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello arc design partnership llp,

You need to have had the perimeter tool selected and starter making a new perimeter measurement. While doing that measurement you will see the pop-up at the bottom right with the angles informaton.

Kind regards,
Stefan
jotess
User

Post by jotess »

Angle measurement has been on my wish list, too! When I saw the button for "show units" I thought hurray! there it is - but no, this is not it.
Best regards
Joachim
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello jotess,

Yes - for now we do not have a dedicated tool that could measure angles, and the suggestions discussed above in this topic have to be used.

Kind regards,
Stefan