MAPI.dll cannot be loaded

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

KimmoJ
User

MAPI.dll cannot be loaded

Post by KimmoJ »

I have a user who gets an error when trying to use the "send to email" function in the Editor.

"Error [MaiLib]: MAPI.dll cannot be loaded."

What could be causing this? This is on a remote desktop, where other users can use mail.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: MAPI.dll cannot be loaded

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello KimmoJ,

Can you first close out all of our software, and any mail clients that may be running on the machine, then navigate to the control panel and run a repair on our software? You can run a repair from the "Programs and Features" or "uninstall a program" section of the control panel, simply select our software, and click "change > repair".
After that repair is complete, please try this again and let us know if the same error occurs?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
KimmoJ
User

Post by KimmoJ »

This is actually installed on a remote desktop farm so uninstalling is a bigger production than usual, but it works when most users do this. Specifically, it's in a frame inside a web app that shows PDFs for verification, so nothing that exotic, but for one user (the CEO, naturally... ) it fails with this error. So I'm assuming it has something to do with that users's profile or appdata or whatnot.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello KimmoJ,

It does not seem to have been mentioned - so can you please check which build of our products is currently installed at your end?

Regards,
Stefan
KimmoJ
User

Post by KimmoJ »

I checked and even updated to the very latest version I could find at the time, Editor Plus, version 8, build 334, and the problem remains. The client used is Outlook 2013, 32-bit. For my personal user the client looks right and works appropriately, so I'm a little bit lost here. Terminal servers can be a pain in the rear to manage sometimes, especially when issues only crop up for some of the users.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello KimmoJ,

Could you please try to send an email from one of the problematic machines using the portable version of the Editor?

You can download it from this link:

https://downloads.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXE ... rtable.zip

After that, please let us know if it was successful.

Regards.