Printing progress window

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JimSimsGroup
User

Printing progress window

Post by JimSimsGroup »

This annoying print dialog is on my desktop and the devil to close. I don't like it. No close button and no taskbar icon. I found it buried in the task manager, but not easy to find. Please fix this annoying thing.

This could have stayed open after my Revit print, but not sure. I like the Revit print btw because not many other print drivers offer this level of seeing what is printing. Revit sucks for printing in case anyone doesn't know. This was one of my major choices for printing drivers in Revit.
2019-10-28_8-03-58.jpg
In case anyone asks, here is my research for printing inside Revit. I would like to see better improvements for single-sheet prints, if you want a beta tester, I can provide feedback. My biggest petpeave is naming a prefix that a user can enter first, then have the driver suffix the sheet name.
2019-10-28_8-03-58.jpg
Attachments
2019-10-28_8-48-50.jpg
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Printing progress window

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

If you want to hide the progress dialog, please add DWORD value named i.ShowProgress into the registry by path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\pdfSaver, and set its value to 1.

Or create a .reg file with the following content:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Standard\pdfSaver]
"i.ShowProgress"=dword:0000001

[code]

and run it.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
JimSimsGroup
User

Post by JimSimsGroup »

Will that kill this window when printing from Revit for good? This window is of the major reasons I purchased this Por version and dont' want to lose it. Can't you write code to kill the process when I am asked for a file name?

After this test, I stopped the process after I got a screen grab and the dialog was not on my desktop.

I will let it run through and see if it shows up again... The dialog was not on desktop again so something must have triggered it to stay when I reported it and didn't notice till the next day when I came in.
Attachments
2019-10-29_14-51-14.jpg
JimSimsGroup
User

Post by JimSimsGroup »

I would say more bulletproof code would be to shut that box down if the PDF editor is not open. I can see where someone who came in the next day to not want to see it and have no idea where it is coming from. Our last oldest Brother printer did the same thing by leaving a box open when not in use and it took a lot of time to troubleshoot the problem, except this time I knew where to look. It appears to be more of a virus threat to me, which I am constantly on the lookout for. The Brother printer thing caused a "hole" to show up in Revit and Autocad (which we could see our desktop in a window area) windows which make it a bigger stink.

Hope you understand.
JimSimsGroup
User

Post by JimSimsGroup »

Open or running I should say.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you have to make this registry changes when the process pdfSaver.exe is not run, so, please kill it first.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
JimSimsGroup
User

Post by JimSimsGroup »

That's fine, but you didn't answer my question if it would not display printing progress in Revit, my main reason for buying this pdf program.

I came in again this morning and guess what surprise I had waiting for me? It was not there when I left.
Attachments
2019-10-31_7-47-58.rar
(14 KiB) Downloaded 64 times