Shrink Bates stamped pages like Acrobat please?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

emery
User

Shrink Bates stamped pages like Acrobat please?

Post by emery »

PDF Exchange Editor lets you move the Bates number further and further out to the edge of the paper, to avoid the stamp overwriting the document text/images. However, sometimes the document text extends to the edge of the printable area, whereby the Bates stamp still goes on top of that text.

Acrobat instead shrinks the contents of each page, sort of like a fit to page, and puts the Bates stamp outside of that area. This ensures that no matter where text is in the document, the stamp does not interfere with it.

Any chance this feature will be added to Editor anytime soon? Then I can finally ditch my copy of Acrobat :wink:

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Shrink Bates stamped pages like Acrobat please?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello emery,

I have not used this feature in Adobe, so do not know if it is e.g. a one step process, but given that the majority of files have 'free' space around the edges - to allow for e.g. printer margins, means that the majority of files will not need such resizing!

You can achieve the same effect with the Editor - but it will just need to be two steps, for the files that need it.
You can first use the "Organize -> Resize" command to make your pages bigger, while making sure that the content is not scaled.
And you should then have the free space to place your bates numbering on. If you then need to make those pages some standard size like A4 - you can resize them again, this time scaling the content accordingly.

Regards,
Stefan