Permanently Disable Line Weight  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lamensterms
User

Permanently Disable Line Weight

Post by lamensterms »

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is possible at all - but I would like to permanently disable line weights in PDF.

The CTRL+5 toggle works well for me on the PC. But I have occasions where I send PDFs to guys viewing them on their phones (construction drawings for guys on building sites). I would like to be able to send the guys a copy of each drawing with line weights enabled and disable - incase they are unable to toggle the line weights on their phones.

Thanks for any help.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Permanently Disable Line Weight  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello lamensterms,

Unfortunately this is not possible, "Thin lines mode" (toggled with Ctrl+5) is purely a display mode, and does not assign a reduced or consistent thickness to lines in the document, for that matter it does not even make changes to a document. It simply forces the current application, in this case the Editor, to display them as a single pixel, regardless of the zoom level or other factors.

The only way you could do this is by making use of the "Select comments" tool, and selecting all the lines in your document that you wish to affect and manually change their line thickness to a low value, such as 0.5.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
lamensterms
User

Re: Permanently Disable Line Weight

Post by lamensterms »

Thanks for the reply Daniel.

These are CAD drawings plotted to PDF - so it's the thickness of the lines/content I am hoping to reduce, not the thickness of mark-ups/comments.

Thanks for confirming it is not possible on the PDF side - I am able to print minimal line thickness from CAD no problem.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Permanently Disable Line Weight

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D