few questions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kumar
User

few questions

Post by kumar »

Hello,
I have a few questions.

1. When I export settings, does it also export my toolbar customizations so that if I import the settings then I will get my toolbar customizations back?

2. Is there a single document that shows all the keyboard shortcuts? If not, can you publish one otherwise it is very difficult to figure out all keyboard shortcuts from different places like commands.

3. How can I customize keyboard shortcuts i.e., change it to some other keyboard shortcut?

Feature request: It would be nice to be able to select open tabs (using shift or ctrl) like in windows browser so actions can be taken on them simultaneously. for example very useful if I want to selectively close some tabs.

Feature request: make quick access toolbar at least 2 lines so I can add more commands to it. Also, separate quick access toolbar from the title bar so that file name can be displayed fully. I use many commands in quick access toolbar and the file name is pushed all the way to the right and I can only see partial file name.

Feature request: give capability to show full path and file name in title bar.

Thanks.
Ovg
User

Re: few questions

Post by Ovg »

1. Yes, (at least it's working for me)
2 & 3. https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... ts_ed.html
It's impossible to lead us astray for we don't care even to choose the way.
PDF-XChange PRO, 10.1.1 (Build 381) / W7 SP1 x64
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the help Ovg!

Cheers,
Stefan
kumar
User

Post by kumar »

Thanks guys.

Stefan,
can you respond to my feature requests?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Kumar,

Sorry for missing the FR earlier.
The idea of the quick access toolbar is to be a single line one, so I do not believe there are any plans to make it two or more lines. However - you can add new buttons to e.g. the "Quick find" toolbar - which is on the row where "File/Home/View are). Alternatively you can e.g. switch to classic UI mode - and then have only custom tolbars placed in the main toolbar area with all the tools you need (and you can then hide/disable any of the standard toolbars that we offer) - and this should allow a quite minimalistic layout so that you have more screen area for the actual document.

Regards,
Stefan