Comments sometimes refuse to open; Restart helps

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David.P
User

Comments sometimes refuse to open; Restart helps

Post by David.P »

Hi @all,

let me quickly chime in here. While for me, no fonts or parts of pages disappear, it can happen from time to time that comments containing text cannot be opened anymore.

For example, when double-clicking on a note or a highlighter containing text, the small editor window for editing the text stops popping up as it should. If the document view is set to "Split" (i.e. two panes with the same document side-by-side), then it can happen that the comments can only be opened in one pane, but not in the other anymore.

Restarting PDF-XChange Editor always fixes this problem immediately.

This has happened for about a year on different machines, so I wouldn't believe it is an installation issue.

Thank you for looking into this,
Regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Comments sometimes refuse to open; Restart helps

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello David,

I split this post away from the original topic you replied to, as while seemingly similar, these two issues are distinctly unrelated. There are some direct troubleshooting steps we like to go through in those cases to discern the exact cause and avoid it in the future.

As for your issue described here. This is the first I have seen of comment popups refusing to open, but such an issue would more commonly be document related. Could I ask you to send a sample document, or describe your workflow in detail, and offer an estimate on roughly how long you work with a document before this starts happening to your comments?

Also, do you notice this happens more often in larger or smaller documents? or does the document size not matter at all?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com