Saving the advanced search results from excel VBA

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Susan2019
User

Saving the advanced search results from excel VBA

Post by Susan2019 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:16 am

First thank you to “Corwin - Tracker Sup” that got me started with his sample file
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17681&p=75056&hilit=vba#p75056

From this starting point, I have been able to activate the Advanced Criteria search locating a number of words within a folder of PDF documents.

I would then like to Save Results to a File in CSV format. As this option only seem to be available within the Options menu on the search pane. And I cannot find this command to assign a shortcut key or a way of navigating this submenu.

I’m using the Sendkeys as the search=”word1 word2” did not pick up the second word in the list.
But I happy for any advice.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
opening PDF Search.zip
(16.68 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Saving the advanced search results from excel VBA

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi Susan.

Currently in the Editor it is not possible to automate the openDoc > searchSomethingInDoc > saveResults operation. At the moment, via Editor's CommandLine(https://help.tracker-software.com/pdfxe ... ns_ed.html), you may automate only the openDoc > searchSomethingInDoc operation.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.