Edit multiple line form fields: line spacing needed

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BBA2020
User

Edit multiple line form fields: line spacing needed

Post by BBA2020 »

I have created a form in Word and will need to rebuild in with PDF-Xchange.
Needs to be precise to the mm, no space to waste.

How and where can I adjust a 10pt. Courier multiline form field text to actually behave like 1,0 line spacing?

By Default, it does something like 1,5 lines.
Space is critical and the default line spacing thus wreaks havoc with the form design.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Edit multiple line form fields: line spacing needed

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BBA2020,

No I am afraid that there's no way to control this. The default font metrics for a given font and size will be used - including the spacing between lines. Can you please show us some images of the desired layour of the form in question as well as a copy of the PDF file you have now? Maybe we will be able to think of different approaches that will allow you to get the desired result!?

Regards,
Stefan
BBA2020
User

Post by BBA2020 »

Thanks Stefan, then I will need to use another Editor. :(
Can not publish a copy, sorry.
Can also not split up the fields (like fieldname_line_01, fieldname_line_02). Needs to be plain simple to fill and I have but few mm tolerance. Whatever the user punches in. Per page.

Likewise, I lack the Option of adjusting the vertical text orientation. Left / Center / Right is all fine. but I Need to fill some mulitline fields from the bottom up.

Like Word:
image.png
image.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Did I miss out on some function in Xchange doing that?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello BBA2020,

I have just looked in some documentation for form fields inside PDF files - and I can not see line spacing or text position as possible values that you can adjust for form field text. So unfortunately I do not thing what you want to achieve is at all possible!

Regards,
Stefan