Sort Items in Dropdown Menus

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Bruneux
User

Sort Items in Dropdown Menus

Post by Bruneux »

Hi

I designed a form with drop-down lists. These drop-down lists have the property of allowing the sorting of items (in the properties panel). But it doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a particular way to use it? I am using version 7 of the software.

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Sort Items in Dropdown Menus

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bruneux,

Is it this kind of ordering that you want to do?
drop_down.png
As it is working correctly for me - once I reorder them - the "Items" are shown in the order I desire them in the actual drop down list when I try to use it. I am using build 333 (current latest) of the Editor.

Regards,
Stefan
Bruneux
User

Post by Bruneux »

Yeah, I know that we can reorder manually. But we have several dropdown lists of 50 to 100 items, so we have to mount them from several positions.

There is an Options in the Properties of the field, and I expected that it will sort the items that we added.

What is the purpose of the option Sort Items (Trier les éléments)? Isn't it to sort the items automatically as they are entered?
Attachments
Options.png
Options.png (20.41 KiB) Viewed 851 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Bruneux,

That sort function certainly should do that for already existing items, although it will not continue sorting newly created items, you would need to disable and reenable it to accomplish that.
With that said, you have also brought to light an issue in that this function currently does not work. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have reported this to the Dev team and created a ticket to track the issue:
RT#4902: Sort function for "Dropdown form fields" does not work

You can ask any member of our support team for an update on the progress of this ticket.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com