Export Layer to .csv

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

luibak
User

Export Layer to .csv

Post by luibak »

We use the Xchange tot measure m2 or lengte's.
We use layer to keep a over vieuw of the drawing, but if we export it to a .csv file i does not contain the layer.

is there a way to export tot .csv with the layer?

i have found out that i can change the subject in Area properties tot something that you can see in the export. But you can't use that to filter in you're drawing.
Attachments
Knipsel 2.PNG
Knipsel 1.PNG
Knipsel 1.PNG (7.44 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Export Layer to .csv

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi luibak,

thanks for the post and questions.

Regards the export not including the modified subject, it should actually keep that. I tested in 8.0.332.0 (current as of writing this) and the exported VSC does include a modified Subject:
image.png
image.png (5.49 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
What build are you running? Please test the current build for this.

Regards the area annotations being on their own layer and not being included in the export, can you provide a sample document that has this issue please and we will investigate.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
luibak
User

Post by luibak »

Dear Paul,

I have uploaded 2 file's so you can see how we use the Xchange viewer.

When i meassure in this example a House we place it in a specific layer. But when i export it, the export doesnot contain a reference tot the specifiek layer,

i have checkt my systeem but we use version 7.0 (build 328.2) jan 28 2019.

love to hear from you :D

Example.zip
(70.19 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Luibak,

thank you fo rthat file. From what I am seeing, there is only the one measurement object in this PDF and it is not associated with any layers:
image.png
We do not distinguish between layer when exporting the measurements to CSV, all measurements, regardless of the layer they are associated with will be exported to the CSV. In yous sample there is only the one measurement object in the entire document. I even had our lead programmer look to confirm that I understand this correctly.

Another item, which I think you may be lookingfor, it so report which layer a given measurement annotation is associated with, however as they can be related to many layers or even groups of layers this is not a feature we will be implementing, it is not a simple one to one relationship I am afraid.

Perhaps you sent the wrong document? Do uyou have another example that has multiple area annotations? Or am I misunderstanding your need here?

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
luibak
User

Post by luibak »

Dear Paul,

Looking back maby my last post wasn't clear,

i have made a example with some more layers so you can see wat i mean. and how we use it.
I have also namend one area different (2-1 kap), because if i rename the area subject i does come over to the .csv file.

But if i understand you correctly thise will not be an option.

but thanks anyway.
Attachments
example.zip
(72.11 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Luibak,

Thanks for the extra sample!
Yes - we did understand the situation, but as Paul said - layers are internal for the PDF file, and annotations do not carry information about which layer they are in (and they can be in more than one layer), so unfortunately this information can not be included in the summaries.

Regards,
Stefan
luibak
User

Post by luibak »

Thank anyway,

But if somebody has the same probleem i have figured out something that can help.

If you have the area's in layers then close all layers except one, select all area's and rename them.
and repeat voor all layers.

sinds you can rename all layers in one go is doesent take to much time.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the suggestion luibak!

Hope it will be useful to others too!

Regards,
Stefan