A question

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Vector artist
User

A question

Post by Vector artist »

:?: Hi I hope you can help,

This may have been suggested but, I have trial version of the above software and is great and keen to use for securing my work. I was wondering if there was a feature to enable setting a locking date for PDF files so once a specified date has been reached which has been set by the user the file can no longer be opened ?

I will be sending PDF artwork files and want to limit the duration of allowing access to prevent copying after a given time period

Is this possible

Kind Regards

Mr G Fenton
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: A question

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello G Fenton,

Not with the default PDF security.
There are third party security handlers like FileOpen which are supported by both our Editor and Adobe's products.
This might allow you to achie such time limitation, and it is also free at the recipient's end. I however do not know what the cost is for the person securing files with FileOpen, and you will need to contact them directly to check that.

Regards,
Stefan
Vector artist
User

Post by Vector artist »

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the reply on my question I will have a look at this option

Kind Regards

Garry
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com