Comments Pane Sort Comments By Physical Location on Page - Or USED to?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

standish-001
User

Comments Pane Sort Comments By Physical Location on Page - Or USED to?

Post by standish-001 »

Hi,

Seems like Highlights in the Commenting Pane used to organize in order of their ACTUAL physical existence on the page. So that, even if you made a first highlight in the center of the page, a second highlight at the end of the page and a third highlight at the top of the page, in the Commenting Pane, these would be organized by actual physical location on the page. The one at the top would appear first for that page in the Commenting page, the one in the middle would appear second and the one at the end of the page would appear third.

Am I right?

In the Commenting Pane my grouping selection is "Group by Page". (That's actually a setting I've never even changed before.)
grouping-like-this.jpg
Take a look at this image below. I highlighted in this sequence:

Since Michael Levitt
From my own perspective
frequencies, as did the expansion
why-is-frequencies-3rd.jpg
The third highlight is from the top of the page. In my experience, that means that, in the Commenting Pane, it would appear ABOVE the other two.

That didn't happen. They ordered in the pane according to when they were created.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

SW
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Comments Pane Sort Comments By Physical Location on Page - Or USED to?  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello SW,

Most likely you have been highlighting in chronological order before.
In the comments pane comments will be ordered chronologically - so the first highlight you did will be first and the last one you did will be at the bottom of the list. There has never been an "order by physical location on the page" mode.

Regards,
Stefan
standish-001
User

Re: Comments Pane Sort Comments By Physical Location on Page - Or USED to?

Post by standish-001 »

Hi Stefan,

Ah! I follow. I think you're right. Guess I somehow always thought the program was doing that, but my reading has been rather uniformly chronological! :P :D

Thank you for your help. I feel grateful.

Sincerely,

SW
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Comments Pane Sort Comments By Physical Location on Page - Or USED to?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com