Open multiple PDF's - tabs in alphabetical order?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RobertMånssonWSP
User

Open multiple PDF's - tabs in alphabetical order?

Post by RobertMånssonWSP »

Hi, we use Pdf-Xchange Editor at my work profesionally and it always bugs me that when I select multiple pdf's in windows explorer and open the with Pdf-Xchange Editor they end up in a seemingly scrambled order.

Even if they are neatly organized alphabetically in windows ("drawing-1A", "drawing-1B", "drawing-1C", etc) Pdf-Xchange always messes up the order of the tabs that are opened, making my work so much more frustrating.

Can I suggest that opening multiple pdf's at once automatically places their respective tabs in some sort of order? Or atleast give us the option to havit that way.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Open multiple PDF's - tabs in alphabetical order?

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the post - I'm afraid that we actually don't have any control over this. The documents are opened in the order in which Windows passes them to us. You should see the same thing in other applications that also open multiple tabs.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Open multiple PDF's - tabs in alphabetical order?

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Robert,

There is a possibility of viewing the open documents in the alphabetical order by clicking this button:
image.png
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ