words instead of icons

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BeingDoug
User

words instead of icons

Post by BeingDoug »

Can I change the bars at the top to show words (ie. what the tool tips display) instead of icons? I am fine with drop down lists that don't use of the screen real estate. Sorry, but all these icons are just a guessing game.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: words instead of icons

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Doug,

I think that would be a very reasonable thing to have, and shouldn't be too difficult to implement I expect. At least I hope not. I have created a formal feature request around this, and while internal only, if you refer to RT#4866: Feature Request :: Editor :: Text Only option for Toolbars any staff member can get you an update.

While this is not a promise to add the feature, it is a commitment to looking into it seriously.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Additional info:

The option to only show text in menus (in the "Classic Toolbars" user interface) is something that is already present:
- right-click on whatever toolbar or ribbon
- click "Customize toolbars..."
- click the "Options"-tab
- un-check "Show icons in menus"
- in case "large icons" in toolbars or ribbons should be disturbing: check/mark "Reduce large icons in toolbars"
- click Close

Regards.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the tip Willy.

Regards.