Deploy digital signature template

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Joerg Gerlach
User

Deploy digital signature template

Post by Joerg Gerlach »

Hi,

we are currently trying to deploy a template for use with digital signing of documents.
Selecting the text and some logo thats supposed to be in the signature is quite easy, we're unsure though how to deploy this template. As far as we can see the template is saved at %appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Security\SignTemplate.dat but we're unsure about the content of this file to be distributed over all our companys clients.

What would be the proposed way to centrally deploy a signature template?

I have already found the feature request for a customizable logo (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=25580&p=99984&hili ... ogo#p99984) which is not available yet so I'm raising my hand to support the request... ;)

Thanks in advance,

Joerg
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Deploy digital signature template

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Joerg,

regards deploying a digital signature template, you have the right idea. You will need to copy SignTemplate.dat to %appdata%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Security\ for each user. We do not at the moment have a per machine mechanism for this.

Regards the content of that .dat file, there is nothing private in there, the certificate itself is not in there, only a description of how to present it. The only content in there would be values from this dialogue:
image.png
Thanks for the feedback regards the Feature Request RT#4857: FR: Custom background image for signature, it has been noted on the ticket.

I hope that helps. Do let us know how that goes?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com