[Feature request #4861] Edit embedded pictures  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

daniel_lutz
User

[Feature request #4861] Edit embedded pictures

Post by daniel_lutz »

Hello,

if you create a new document from images, then these images can be edited before PDF creation (see dialog, functions such as filters, equalization, etc.). Is there a possibility to use this function also for images embedded in an existing document? So far I only found the possibility to edit them using the standard application or another external program.
bild.jpg
Last edited by daniel_lutz on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Edit embedded pictures

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Daniel,

These Editing tools that are visible on your image are quite basic, and if you e.g. want to resize an Existing image - just select it, and then use the Selection -> Transform option:
selection_transform.png
selection_transform.png (15.26 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
And you can then resize your selected object(s) as needed.

And the "Default" image editing software would allow you to make changes directly to the image itself.

Regards,
Stefan
daniel_lutz
User

Post by daniel_lutz »

I am aware that the image can be deformed, I am more interested in the following functions like the "filters", the possibility to convert the image to grayscale and the function (left of the magnifying glass) to rectify the image. I would like to use these functions on embedded images.
Bild2.jpg
Bild1.jpg
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello daniel_lutz,

No I am afraid that we do not have image editing tools directly in the Editor for already inserted images in existing PDF files.
So you will need to use the "Edit Image" feature and the tools that your image editing software offers.

Regards,
Stefan
daniel_lutz
User

Post by daniel_lutz »

It should not be a problem to offer the functions available for the creation of a PDF document from images also for images embedded in an existing document. All functions for this are available in the editor.

1.) Select the image in the document
2.) The image is temporarily stored on the hard disk (as it is already done when you open the default application for it)
3.) For example, the Laplace embossing can be applied to this image, and if the dialog is confirmed, the existing image is replaced by the temporarily processed image.

From my point of view it should not be a problem to support the whole one, especially since the application of one of these functions (compare see picture) is nothing else which also happens in the dialog "Create a document from pictures".
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Edit embedded pictures  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Daniel,

if I understand you correctly, you want to be able to use the same image manipulation dialogue we have available during "Create New Document from Images" via an image right click context menu within the Editor. Currently it supports only an external Editor, either the system default, or a user specified one.

See attached screen shot. If that is so it seems very reasonable to us and I have raised a formal "Feature Request" for this. While not a promise to deliver said feature, it is a commitment to seriously looking into it. The ticket is for internal use only, however if you refer to RT#4861: Feature Request :: Editor :: Enable built in Image manipulator for embedded images in correspondence with Tracker Support, any staff member can get you a status update.

I hope that addresses your issue and helps.
Attachments
InternalImageEditor.png
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com